PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lhr Runway
Thread: Lhr Runway
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2003, 17:31
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lhr Runway

Apologies for the lack of technical description here. I am not an aviator so cannot ask this question using proper terminology. But, here goes.

Was watching aircraft landing at LHR yesterday from my hotel room at the Renaissance on Bath Road. Aircraft were landing from London direction, and heading towards what I would recognise as Slough direction. Departing aircraft were using the other runway nearer to T4.

I noticed that ALL landing aircraft (all sizes from A319 to B744 and A436) appeared to "wobble" during the landing run at exactly the same point on the runway - I would describe this wobble as quite significant and always occurred adjacent to the runway exit which is probably directly adjacent to the BA Domestic Shuttle terminal, if one were to draw a perpendicular line.

My question, and to satisfy my curiosity - does that particular runway have a particular and recognised bump or undulation at that point, or was I drinking too much Guiness? Every landing aircraft was affected in the same way.

Only curious.........Thanks.