PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2022, 07:30
Flyhighfirst

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
Thanks, the deliberate attack on a nuclear power station ups the ante and we are essentially on the precipice of a global catastrophe of biblical proportions. We have arrived at that position from not standing up to aggression in the past. Chechnya was an attempt at genocide, twice, Georgia was an abuse of a sovereign state, and Syria is disgraceful. The only counterpoint is that UK and US history is replete with their own share of outrages, but "what about" does not justify any genocide.

I would predict about a p=0.2 of Putin dropping a nuke somewhere in Ukraine in the next 14 days, to show the world that no one will stand up to him, the Trumpist "I can stand on a corner of 5th ave and shoot someone and no one will stop me..." And he is absolutely correct, no one will respond to a single nuke on a 3rd party outside of NATO territory. Hence the need for UN employing a unified ground intervention and no-fly zone at the soonest opportunity, to avoid one nuke being dropped on Ukraine, and then one on Helsinki, one on Malmo, etc... If he gets away with one with only handwringing that is not a big disincentive to making his fashion statement.
He has just made a bloody big one by smoking the nuke powerplant, his so-called new free republics are all downwind of that, as is lots of Russia, the whole of Kazakh, etc, and China... none of this is good. Hopefully he will not die of old age, and perhaps there really is a god. Right now, he should be pretty pissed off with us for proving there is no intelligent life in this part of the universe.
This is getting repetitive. That can never happen.

As soon as someone proposed such an event the Russians would veto it.