PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2022, 21:25
brokenagain

Received 153 Likes on 47 Posts
Makes me glad I gave it away.

By comparison, as a Pilbara train driver - for one of the lower paying companies of the 4 up there, mind you - I have the option of one of the following gross salaries depending on roster:
2 weeks on / 4 weeks off: $114,000
2 weeks on / 2 weeks off: $165,000
2 weeks on / 1 week off: $232,500

Any production and/or safety bonuses are additional to the above and 9.5% super is paid on top of both gross & bonuses. You're also entitled to 12 weeks personal leave in any 12 month period (though that includes RDO's, so if you're 2/4 for example, it's basically two complete roster periods).

Most FIFO blokes are on 2/2, a few - including me - prioritize family time and have gone 2/4 . A Residential employee on an identical base rate working an even time (4 days on / 4 days off) roster would be on $180K gross, given the different allowances.

Which is all great…..if you want to drive trains. You seem obsessed with telling everyone how good you have it driving a train and how glad you are that you gave flying away. Good for you! Everyone I know who managed to get a job on the trains during covid is back flying now, even with the pay cut. Are you sure you’re not looking for the Professional Train Drivers Rumour Network?
The following users liked this post: