PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest UK flight school for PPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 14:17
B2N2

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
On a side note I think you’re going about this in the wrong direction.
Its very common to just set off on a path and not know where the ship will run aground.
As a brain excercise reverse the process: start at your goal ( do you have one) then work back step by step to where you are now and the path will reveal itself. Or the truth.
This may sound very Confucian so I’ll give a small example:

Is your goal to work for a European Airline? Then a European license is required.
Is your goal to work for an airline or a region that accepts FAA licensing or Canadian then another path of training opens up.

So your goal (example) is a European airline like Ryan Air or Wizz Air or similar.
What are their hiring requirements? Do you meet those? Prior education requirements and maximum age at hiring?
Do they use preferential training providers? If so who are they and what are their enrollment requirements?
You’re 33 now you’ll be 35 after full time “Integrated” training and you’ll be closer to 38 after part time or “Modular” training.
What does this do for your job prospects?
Make an excel spread sheet with all (yes) all the European airlines and their requirements.
Make an appointment with a non aviation medical examiner for a complete physical, I mean everything, blood work , cholesterol, some serious vision testing too.
1-12 males have some form of color blindness that may not even be noticed in normal life but could get you denied for a Class 1.
You may have underlying health issues that may become a problem in 3-5-10(?) years and cause a loss of medical.
You may be pre diabetic and not even know about it. Now is the time to fix it not after you’ve been denied a medical.
Obviously bring the Class 1 medical requirements and discuss them with your Dr.

* read this too:
Paying for PPL in instalments- standard practice

Last edited by B2N2; 2nd Mar 2022 at 14:36.