PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Brian Sorfleet
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 12:35
Stewie Gardener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Right now as I type this, Sydney/NSW and all rivers are copping a massive flooding event and rainfall etc. And there is a reason why I mention this. I have known Brian since 1995. He used to live on the Georges River/Chipping Norton Lakes after retiring from Bankstown Airport and Aviation Centre, and I just arranged the rescue of another old mate due to these floods and wanted to check if Brian was still living there. And I Stumbled across this thread

In 1995 I managed to get some freelance computer/IT work with a number of companies in Bankstown Airport.... Aviation Salvage (Noel Vinson and his son Mark), Aviation Centre (Brian Sorfleet and Vikki Mearing), Australian Air Props (Eric Weston) and John Cameron Aviation (John you still owe me that tiger moth flight)...

I loved working at the airport, updating the GPS/nav units in aircraft (at Aviation Centre with Brian) And i really wished i could have caught up with him before his passing... I didn't know he had moved to QLD... Brian and Noel basically started me off not only in computers/IT... but also gave me an idea of how to run a business. And from there i moved from computers and into the marine industry...

Bankstown Airport is also being redeveloped right now the old Aviation Centre office was the only building left standing as of last week, and it had three excavators surrounding it

Miss you Brian mate! You will always be a gentleman and a scholar.