PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 09:31
Ripton

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
if Sun TZU's tenet is to be borne out, the only way it can happen is if the rest of the Russian hierarchy are persuaded that Putin should suddenly be diagnosed with a serious illness that has affected his judgement and decision making - that would allow him to be removed from public life while he 'recuperates', allow the 'honourable' withdrawal from Ukraine and possibly allow Russia's economy to avoid the worst of the sanctions.

All woes can then be blamed on an ailing President, allowing what remains of the Govt to keep the faith of the Russian people.
I would have agreed but I think the longer this goes on the less likely the ascension of anyone associated with Putin will be an acceptable option as they will have become too complicit. If too much time passes they might also see themselves as being trapped. "I am in blood Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er." and all that.

Lavrov being one of those already too toxic.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that if a third World War were to take place, it would involve nuclear weapons and be destructive, the RIA news agency reported.
Telegraph at 10:06am

I think this is the only way now.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Or, someone from the FSB could just shoot him.............