PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAT (Yugoslav Airlines) Boeing 707s
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2022, 12:19
ATNotts

Received 298 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooncrest
Does anybody know if the JAT DC-10 fleet ever turned up on the Yugotours or other I.T. flights ? I think it's doubtful - they are likely to have spent most of their time on long haul schedules - but all the other JAT aircraft did charter work. Actually, I'm not sure if the Caravelle did.
Depends what you call "charter work" since the JAT schedules to various UK regional airports from PUY and DBV were essentially Yugotours charter flights. The flight numbers were in the JU2xx range. Caravelles were certainly scheduled for the DBV/BHX service for at least one season. I recall the local BHX spotters being miffed because the DBV service for that season moved to EMA - the only year I seem to recall when EMA had JAT "schedules" under "JU" flight numbers. I recall it was claimed at the time (probably incorrectly) that the Caravelles couldn't operate from BHXs runway, though given there was little difference at the time between BHX 15/33 and EMA 10/28 I doubt that rumour held any water whatsoever. Transeuropa, Aviaco and Hispania appeared to have no problems operating to the Balearics, indeed Hsipania flew off Coventry's runway for at least one season and that was / is way shorter than BHX had at the time. I digress!

As for the Air Jugoslavia (IATA code JR) charters certainly I recall DC9, 727 and 707 operating those charters, I can't recall Caravelles being used, nor the DC10.

I reckon @rog747 is your man for that one!