PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2022, 11:33
SLXOwft

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Arthur1815
Russian media showed them, or supposedly them, being fed and watered within a few hours, as well as being allowed to phone home to let family know they were very much alive. They claim there were 84 of them and that they surrendered almost immediately after the radio exchange. The truth is out there somewhere.
I suspect a lot of misinformation on this as other subjects, I was going to post the following yesterday evening but felt I had posted enough.

...and the BBC is reportinged a facebook post by the Ukranian Naval Command that the the defenders of Snake Island were 'illegally' taken prisoner by the Russians while being evacuated by a non-combatant civilian ship carrying out a humanitarian mission.

(in Ukrainian)

"As for the Marines and frontier guards captured by the Russian occupiers on Snake Island. We are very happy to learn that our brothers are alive and well! But Russian propaganda is trying to promote the "news" that the Ukrainian authorities have "forgotten" and "buried" their subordinates. At the same time, the Marines bravely twice repulsed the attacks of the Russian occupiers. Due to the lack of БК, they were unable to continue defending the island." Courtesy of g@@gle translate.

БК = ? Combat/fighting something?