PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineers and pilots favourite and least favourite aeroplanes
Old 1st Mar 2022, 10:44
aeromech3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moments:- Trident, wire locking main oleo charge plugs, my apprentice test, deadly fast flight controls.
Viscount & HS748 Dart types, frightening night shift engine run with nut compressor ''wash! Refitting primary heat exchangers.
BAC1-11, my 1st licence, changing belly heat exchangers, working on clamps in engine stub wing (also Trident 1&3), I think, 9 of hydraulic filters in wheel well and having to look up to extract the seals but avoid Skydrol drips and that suicide main door without the handbrake type lever wedged in the flight deck. Windscreen wiper motor change. However, pilots enjoyed flying the -400, so sure, one took it under a bridge in the Bahamas and I loved it for paying off my 1st mortgage.
V.Vanguard cutting out de bonded outer skin to then rivet same shape repair patch without damaging the thinner inner skin.
L1011 bleeding the 4 hydraulic tanks without a mask, leading edge actuator, Cat 3 reinstatement checks, main oleo leaks despite spare seal carrier, the 5 pumps in rear toilet tank gummed up with blue paper, duct area overheats. Loved it as a passenger and for paying off 2nd mortgage.
B727 checking leading edge area just when the Flight Engineer thinks your finished and resets breakers and puts B pumps on, luckily my ear defends did not block the noise of the pumps going on.
B747 types flight deck main windscreen change as a line job but an otherwise lovely machine.