PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2022, 01:15
DashTrash.

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts
Current SO here 787 Sydney

we are still operating under Covid ops so things are still changing quite quickly. it’s been a great journey so far, mostly good crew to work with. Admin side is a bit overwhelmed and you will have to self manage yourself to some degree. At the moment divisor is 170 hrs per 56 days so lots of flights up for grabs, hence the recruitment.

to answer your questions:
2) each trip is different with some leaving you more fatigued than others generally heading east during the day time will leave you more jetlagged than flying west at night. The company does provide you with time to recover from his jetlag.
3) at the moment our slips are between 2 to 3 days depending on the pattern usually most guys and girls have plans to get out and see things and even hire cars and get about this will only improve with the lifting of Covid restrictions
4) it can affect your family lifestyle. I just plan and adjust accordingly and my family support me on this
5) Absolutely. I love it. Being of your age. As long as your comfortable with not being PIC you can still have a very fulfilling career, with lots of different opportunities in operations, training, recruitment, safety, human factors, union etc…

go for it!