PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2022, 19:12
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did what they needed to do against MRLS attack. Hit the deck. 107mm rockets? The things imbed into the ground and usually a cone of shrapnel fires up. On the deck, you have to be unlucky to be hit. Jon Allen Butterworth lost his arm with a 250mm rocket landing next to him out in Basrah. He was laying down. If he had been standing, he would have been dead. Shockwave took his arm off. Alas that video takes me back to this week 14 years ago almost to the night (which it was as it was a leap year 29th) when I was with the crew of a C17 at Basrah doing the taxi run for them. Just dropped them at Met when the IDF alarm went off. Then a good salvo of incoming landed, most on the RAF accommodation. All clear I got the crew back to the 17 and returned to the office to find the guys on the net hearing the T1 casualty found and realising it was one of two 903 EAW personnel critically injured. It was the morning we found out it was Baz that had died. I feel sorry for all the Ukrainians facing that rubbish now.