PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievably disgraceful service
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2022, 13:22
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyload
Hi guys, I know you won't believe this, so I post a screenshot. I've hung off the phone for over 3 hours in the " Your call is very important to us" queue to talk to QF. All I want to do is make an international booking for 2 and spend about $10K.Why the phone call and not internet booking? Because for the last 2 years I've been trying to get a credit from QF for cancelling a flight due covid and I need to talk to them. They've got my money already! Maybe I've answered my own question. I know you guys fly at the pointy end, but don't forget that your job is paid for by the minions that sit behind you. If this is the best that QF can do to attract business, then ... I don't know what to add. What do you think?
For what it’s worth, I think I can speak for the majority of the pilots, cabin crew, and other front line QF employees, that what you experienced as a customer (I prefer the term “passenger”), is disgraceful, and it embarrasses us as front line employees. We do our best to offer a good service, and when we are undermined by our cost-cutting management in this way it tends to lead us to despair.

It was already heading that way pre-pandemic. Stand-downs and associated staff reductions, outsourcing, and just staff choosing not to come back to work (found a better job) have made it much worse. In fact, the only segment of Qantas that appears to have survived the pandemic unscathed is the executive-level management.

Now, I understand that it is bloody hard to run a large business through a pandemic with high fixed costs and virtually zero cash flow for 2+ years with a constantly changing outlook for the future. That Qantas has managed to continue with solvency is actually a feat, and maybe executive management deserve their credit (credit, yes, multi-million dollar pay, no). But it has come with a cost - particularly a huge loss of good employees - will Qantas ever be the same airline again?