PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B206/TH-67, Tips Startup following cold night on mtn
Old 27th Feb 2022, 00:22
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
Well if it has Jet A or A-1 On the first attempt it may not light off or light off then stagnate or quit. Close throttle immediately and monitor TOT motoring as necessary. Wait 5 or 10 minutes and try it again making sure TOT is below 150 before opening the throttle. It should start. Remember that if it does not light off on the first try you probably have fuel in the burner can so a “drying run” will be required, ignitor CB pulled, throttle closed , motor engine.
I miss Jet-B!
Be careful. Starts at the higher altitudes can be problematic but I assume your aircraft has been set up for this. Start/Acceleration and Start–Derichment Adjustments for example.
Long time since I flew a 206 but that’s what I remember. We used to operate down to -40 and even -45 sometimes but usually we had full covers and small electric heaters with fans in the engine ( which were sold in local hardware stores as “In Car Heaters” to keep the inside of your car warm ) and transmission compartments plus battery blankets running all night.
I assume also you have the snow deflectors installed if required.
I am sure asking other local pilots and engineers will be most helpful. -4C -15 C is not very cold really.

Last edited by albatross; 27th Feb 2022 at 01:05.