PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievably disgraceful service
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2022, 22:51
Max Tow

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
" All I want to do is make an international booking for 2 and spend about $10K.Why the phone call and not internet booking? Because for the last 2 years I've been trying to get a credit from QF for cancelling a flight due covid and I need to talk to them. They've got my money already!"

A cynic might suggest that a lot of airlines around the world have deliberately made it as difficult as possible to refund or use credits owed for covid cancellations in order to protect their cash flows. Requiring customers to call unanswered phone numbers only adds to this cynicism as i
t is presumably an easy IT fix to allow these to be used online by the customer. BA for example has gone even further in paralysing its call centres by actually turning off previous online refund capabilities. Perhaps there's a hope that you will give up altogether and they can pocket the cash (and putting expiry dates on the credits would IMHO be just that in these circumstances).

By the way, I have found American Airlines a joy to deal with by comparison.

Last edited by Max Tow; 27th Feb 2022 at 01:34. Reason: Qualify cynicism with good experience with AA