PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 26th Feb 2022, 16:41
Chill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Umm...aside from the ability to aquire the single most important asset anyong can have?
WELL- affordability of just about every other staple of lfe!
Stagnant wages in the face of growing inflation, against a backgroud of disproportionatley low expenditure on public infrastructure.
An irrepairably damaged environment that will have both ecconomic and health outcomes forever.
The condensing of wealth and therefore political power in the increasingly smalll number of the very rich.
The destructon of collective bargsning, with assocuiated lack of rights regarding job security.

SO- we are in an inbalance. I've answered a question for you, while you ignored one from me- how are they better off?
Yeaah, I'm with WIZ, SHVC, et al on this one. "This generation" (hard to say who that is exactly as there seems to be several in the Govt mix anyway) had things sorta in hand upto the 2020 whatever you wanna call it. I mean comparatively Oz rode out the 2009 GFC without QE, but this time the Govt/RBA has gone bonkers...
Trading Economics - M1 Supply. The whole lot, M0, M1, M2, M3 have headed skyward and that doesn't bode well (and Oz isn't the only country to have done it). Icarus, Insider, et al, your mates maybe buying houses and having babies, but you're riding a wave of debt in the process, something some of the previous generations either managed and/or steered clear of. That combined with CoL increases in Oz over the last couple of years, plus the wage stagnation some have mentioned before is a lay-up for some pretty unpleasant future realities. Lab/Lib doesn't seem to matter really, both have screwed the pooch.

REX is just another example of an entity riding the debt wave, new money and all. I wouldn't know what kind of reserves QF has or how deep Bain's pockets go, but sure as dog-doo stinks REX is in the game with a pretty empty hand and a lot of bluff.