PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence: Public ignorance, the media, and cutbacks
Old 27th Dec 2003, 03:31
WorkingHard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WB SATCO - thanks for the link but where in the hell does one find the data in such a morass of statistics and unknown references? As I said earlier, if Joe public had some readily identifiable data it just might make a difference.
If you look at the RAF for example the often PERCEIVED view is for idiotic low level fast jets in the dead of night or rotary wing frightening animals to death or tragically horse and rider injuries. We know this is just a fraction of what goes on (and training is necessary) but the taxpayer has to be convinced that it is the correct way to do things and more resources are needed. On an earlier thread there was comment about the troops not having the right equipment in Iraq, it may be the ultimate fault of the politicians but Joe public sees this as a failure of the services or at the very least a whinging service trying to blame the politicians for it's failures. And dont shoot the messenger, I may be part of Joe public these days and I listen to what he says (without agreeing) and he is the majority. I say again - this is what I hear not with what I agree.