PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Aircraft for Resistance Fighters
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2022, 00:22
nomorecatering

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Maybe this might be the go then.

I'm not talking about a war winner, or an A-10 tank buster, or even battle space domination. You are correct, if it was about 1v1 FCM against a gen 4 fighter, the result is set in stone. What I'm talking about is harrasment. The element of surprise. Get bounced, it's game over. Possible suicide missions....absolutely.

I've worked on farms where ag aircraft are operating. They are down in the weeds, less than 30 feet agl. behind the trees. Sometimes you can hear them, but you can't see them until they are on top of you. I have backseated on an AT-802. The pilot demonstrated to me what ultra low flying is like. Under power lines, under overhanging tree branches, between trees. You don't understand what it's like until you do it for real.

During WW2, the French Resistance used assassins on bicycles. Pedalling down a street they would spot their mark, whip out a pistol and a single shot hopefully to the head then escape by using crowds and back alleys for cover. By the accounts I have read, it didn't have any material effect, but it did rattle the Germans quite significantly.
War is not won by a single heroic act (except in US war movies - they always have to have the singular hero).

War is won by multiple players nawing away, little bite by little bite.