PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA medical system CELLMA
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2022, 20:52
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 422 Likes on 222 Posts
I've just tried to go about booking a medical renewal and wanted to take a rarely available slot with my AME early next week.

Having signed in, with CELLMA I clicked on the medical section link to go about the process as per last time. I immediately received a message telling me that the system required to send me a text message code to verify who I am.....but surely, haven't I just done that by getting access and being recognised? Obviously not.

The message showed my old mobile phone number, to which I no longer have access. I tried to go back (strangely enough by clicking on the "BACK" link) to update my personal details but it wouldn't let me, displaying an error message, telling me that I had to log in (I still was logged in).

I had to log out and then log back in to access the personal details page. Having done that, I typed in my new phone number. Job done thought I, carry on as before, book the medical, pay the fee.

Instead a message screen popped up telling me that I now have to be "verified" which will take up to five working days.

Who designed this illogical rubbish?