PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 25th Feb 2022, 06:15
Luce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABC did an investigative piece
Howdy Glen.I have followed your story from post 1 and learnt a lot from some informed contributors along your quest. I find your responses detailed, accurate and passionate. Some are emotional but understandable given the rough path your walking. I’ve seen you mention a fella in several posts, most recently of an ABC investigative piece. Being an ABC watcher curiosity led me google for this and I must say, this led down a rabbit hole of media information including newspapers and youtube, ATSB, QLD police, legal people and of course CASA.

After reading all sides I ask why you use this example to support your quest? The accident report has a seriously high number of issues with the operation. Shockingly many of the findings were repeats of what the fella lost his pilots licence for and even copped a criminal conviction for previously. The report says both his aircraft were overloaded, conducted aerobatics with people (in a 172!!!!), flew dangerously low, skimming maintenance hours and really hadn’t thought through some fundamental airmanship of where to go if the old donk quits. That photo in the report of where this happen is alarming. The pilot had almost no where to go. I even see the operator provided a submission on the accident report prior to its release so the fella had his say.

So why the difference in storys between the ABC piece and the accident report? Then there is the bit on missing passenger cameras and recording cards taken off the crash site and never found. Strange. Is this why QLD police charging the pilot over the crash. Would the fella be up on charges to if still with us. Lots of questions. I even found discussion here on Pprune post C172 down on Middle Island.

After reading all, I ask what you think if an GA operator with these issues approached APTA for inclusion.

I wish you best in your quest for justice.