PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teaching ab initio with GI275 in place of AI and DI
Old 23rd Feb 2022, 14:38
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
This AV-30 unit looks to me to be a very good option and is certified, the G5 is not!. The vents are available I see enabling a connection to the aircraft static and dynamic vents, which is important in my view. These budget units offer so much together with a reliability not available with the traditional air blown systems. Vacuum pumps, gyros, procession and sticking mechanical indicators need to become a thing of the past.

We're not about to 'go glass' as I think for beginning students it's better to have the various elements they need to glance in at as discrete instruments.
In my experience it is not an issue, particularly for the ab initio training. Ab initio students struggle to find instruments in the traditional array which can be a distraction from flying the aeroplane looking out of the window. Experienced pilots have to find the way with this kit but then very view can describe the traditional array, when asked, anyway.