PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AJIFFNIFF? All is now clear…
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 00:36
RAFEngO74to09

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by cynicalint
It does not matter how good he is as CGS, he will always be remembered for AJIFFNIFF!
A civil servant is traveling through Whitehall when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in the Red Lion. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the civil servant and says in a military accent: "You see those houses? I procured those MQs with my own bare hands. I cut down every price and made the contract myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me Carleton-Smith the MQ builder? No." He continued "Do you see that Tank out there? I designed that tank with my own bare hands. I found every rivet and placed them just right through the metal and the steel, but do they call me Carleton-Smith the tank builder? No." "Do ya see that pier out there on the River Thames? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me Carleton-Smith the pier builder, Royal Engineer par-excellence and Navy saviour ? No."

"But you f**k up the pronunciation of one word..."
Exactly - one of the military banter Twitter accounts summed up his career here: