PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2022, 21:19
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
And so it begins. I wonder if future generations (if there are any...) will look through textbooks and see this as the way that WWIII started?

I despair at the repisals of the West to Putins announcement today...sanctions. Really?

This is precisely why I voted for Brexit - the EU is a quagmire of beaurocrats and paper pushers. They actually believe a nation like Russia can be cowered with paper threats and denial of access to markets. They are so pathetically naiive in their views that I really do not even know where to start. Nobody else cares about their stupid laws and quotas - why should Putin care about threats from nations that he may well believe will not even exist in the near future? The World Order was forged, and history is written by, the winners. The geographic map was formed by wars and victory, not by feeble threats of 'sanctions'. Europe has become weak beyond belief and the New World Order will hand them their asses on a plate I regret to say. Russia and China understand true strength - Europe understands beaurocracy and vacillation. Frankly Europe is about to reap what it has sowed.

The only silver lining I can see is that in the conflagration that will shortly ensue, we have Boris Johnson as the PM, to lead us through. It is well known that Russia still possesses some of the world's foremost spying and hacking capabilities, and it is extremely likely in my view that his plans and secret meetings will be known to them. Fortunately for us, the man is physically incapable of telling the truth and has no moral compass whatsoever. I almost pity the poor Russian analyst who has to decipher his intentions from intercepted messages and report to his superior...' he could be lying, or he could be bluffing...all we know for sure is that he is not telling the truth...but basically we have no idea what he will do comrade...he is Boris. I cannot believe that the man to beat Russian intelligence is called Boris...'. They cannot even apply the principle of 'what would a person of character and moral standing do?', because he is neither.

I never thought that the lying, contemptuous and frankly abhorrent excuse for a human being that is Boris Johnson would have a purpose, but I was wrong. He may indeed be the man for the moment.