PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA still "Too Expensive to Run"5000 jobs to go ???
Old 26th Dec 2003, 17:37
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am amazed that BA continues to draw so much attention from you closet financiers, that make every solution sound so easy. I hardly thing Mr Dyson has much to show us as his products are no better than those costing a third of the price, apart from the choice of colours. Interesting you mention Dyson as that is where Mr Bob Ayling now resides as CEO.

During his reign at BA the media spent much of their time bemoaning his tactics and lack of ideas. At least he was more visible than Rod our current Lord Lucan.

I think you may find that BA is well aware of its problems and costs but unlike our American cousins we do not enjoy so many financial perks (Nor BMI or Virgin accepted) and sweetners. In January we will dump a further tranch of staff but sadly I fear the regions will take the brunt of the cuts (least resitance).

As for the future as one mentioned it may be that like PA and TWA, BA may have nearly run its course and there may not be room for it in the foreseeable future.