PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss over Launceston Virgin DJ
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2003, 15:26
Near Miss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Halfmoon wouldn't 115 RAs per year mean 1 every 3 days, NOT 3 per day?!

Good point Tobzalp. If a VFR driver had a transponder on and it was giving incorrect alt info, the RA could actually drive us into him! When and How are they supposed to get a alt check from ATC!? Especially say out at Alice! Hmmm

Trust me "See and Avoid" is the LAST bit of protection you have to miss someone. It should NOT be used as the primary means.

Wasn't it 100 years of flight just last week? Boy look how far we have come, still looking out the window (have you ever had a good look at the size of a jet or even a turboprop windscreen, not exactly made for VFR) to avoid hitting another aircraft. It is not like the are many more aircraft flying now, nor has the speed hasn't increased that much has it?!

Every aircraft, and I mean EVERY aircraft should have a transponder and a radio. I bet most VFR guys have a GPS that cost a few $$, so a don't give me that B/S that it cost too much. Hello, planes are not cheap!!

Don't lower the standard of our aispace to make it easier for VFR pilots at the risk of IFR pilots and paying pax. Just made it easier for VFR guys to get an airways through Class C. Simple.