PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2022, 02:32
Jester64

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by BuzzBox
It is a fallacy that two-thirds agreed with the 5 February reopening right up until the point he back-flipped. The truth is that we simply don't know, because the only poll on the subject took place on 21 December, a month before McGowan deferred the reopening. At the time of that poll, the effect of Omicron on the Eastern States was not apparent. Another poll that was taken a few days after the so-called 'backflip' found that some 71% of respondents agreed with the decision. The best we can say is that a lot of people changed their mind about reopening some time over the course of the month between the first and second polls.

The insinuation that West Australians are a bunch of lemmings who hang off McGowan's every word is quite simply wrong and, frankly, offensive.
There were more polls and surveys done other than what was published on the front page of the West Australian. Can’t recall the date of them but they were with reference to the 05FEB reopening.

Apologies, I didn’t mean to cause offence but it’s just my opinion that a huge cross-section of the community do trust and hang onto every word he says. I’m a West Aussie and I’ve seen it amongst those around me.