PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2022, 06:48
Atlantic Explorer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Baldeep Inminj
Everything seems prepared. Fighters, attack helicopters, artillery pieces, troops, bridges, hospitals and blood supplies.
Putin has put everything in place for an invasion and of course he knows that the West see what is happening.

You then must ask why would he do this in the full knowledge that the eye in the sky is watching. Either it is an elaborate bluff or he is ready to rock.

He also undoubtedly knows about preparation fatigue. Troops cannot be ready to pounce for an indefinite time. He cannot tell the troops on the ground that they definitely will or won’t being going in, because it will leak…and they are all probably as scared and confused as we are. They have homes and families - a reality he cannot ignore indefinitely.

He has 2 options in my opinion- withdraw (maybe not immediately but at some point), or attack.

Here is the thing - and my wife is Russian born although not raised there but she has many relatives who are born, raised and live there so she knows their psyche… Putin would rather die than appear weak IHHO - he will roll the dice and attack.

My bet is Saturday. It will be grim, bloody and will not stay constrained in Ukraine. He cannot leave this earth without a determined attempt to bring Russia back to the force it was within the USSR. It will become WWIII in short order.

I would be utterly delighted to be wrong.
Any particular intel that makes you think it will be Saturday?