PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another DJ Near Miss
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2003, 10:44
Mixture Rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No speaka da english

From one VFR driver to another (AND i don't have all of the facts) why would you NOT talk to the DJ driver. Whilst I cohabit the skies with DJ also, it is in class D, but I also cohabit with Son of Skippy into MBZ's. When they make their call, I can ascertain where they are and what their intentions are...but I cannot read minds and i don't know if, for some reason, they have to change their intentions, so i talk to 'em. Nice bunch generally on the odd occassion when we have had pilot to pilot social intercourse. We both know where each other is situated and what our individual intentions are. I have on occassion done an orbit or extended downwind or whatever to facilitate an RPT...he's bigger than me.
To say that under the new rules you can't talk in E is a cop out. Do you REALLY think that is what they mean? When DO you think you can talk in E?
I have to agree with the ATCers, change E to C so we can all be "stayin' alive, stayin' alive" (sorry JT). In the meantime, if i see a bloody big red or red and white thing anywhere near me I'll be the first to break the rules and speak up on Area Frequency and / or CTAF/MBZ and if that don't elicit a respnse 121.5
I don't want to be the next report in AAP as venturing into areas where comercial jets fly. Funny 'bout that, where the hell did I fly before >FL40 only to be beamed down to the closest Mackers carpark to land