PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 17th Feb 2022, 08:02
DUXNUTZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
This thread has been running since 2015. Obviously the pandemic disrupted recruitment in Australia, but there should've been at least some who went the US path to get a couple of thousands hours of jet time, and possibly some command time. Did anyone manage to get that "prized" position in Australia? Because most recruits I saw in the few years leading up to 2020 were all seemingly ex Oz regionals, cadets or GA, and the only ex US Regionals I knew of I could count on less than one hand. The next year or so will be interesting to see if those in the US now in the regionals apply to return to Australia, or if their time in the US gives them an advantage in recruitment.

But you've also to think of the longer term. You may be a Captain in a US regional but where to from there? Going to spend your adult life in the US? You may find that SO gig in Australia pays just as well, and the wait time to FO isn't that much.
Lol. As an ex SO/Cruise FO I’d say no thanks. Australian aviation seems to over complicate everything and just make it highly stressful and unenjoyable. I like flying ‘home’ but I kinda cringe when I hear Brisbane Centre, such is the PTSD.