PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2022, 22:42
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
Yeah, I really liked the West Australian headliner yesterday supporting your statement (above) - "One out of four West Australians oppose McGowan's continuing border policies". Or words to that effect.

Now, if one out of four = 25% then doesn't..................................???????
I think you've confused yesterday's headlines with a snap poll taken after the border decision, when cases in the east were just coming off peak. A majority were in favour of the decision, but a majority also thought McGowan should have done more to prepare the health system. Not exactly a ringing endorsement, and after the delay seeing cases plummet over east, big events like the Australian Open fill stadiums, WA make some steps towards responding like increasing RAT supply and increasing booster uptake I think now the support for delaying reopening will have decreased.

The border will be down by early next month at the latest, probably with an announcement early next week. Given the BHP CEO said 2 days ago he wants it open McGowan will do as he is told.

Originally Posted by Transition Layer

I’m loving how this is playing out in WA....... a slow uptake for boosters.
Actually WA has pulled ahead of all bar ACT and Tasmania on total shots, and is second placed behind ACT on boosters, and a fair bit above NSW and Queensland on boosters.