PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet Future
Thread: Vistajet Future
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2022, 08:26
whatsthewocl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klimax
BS argument, and this does not in any shape or form change the VistaJet substandard Captain remuneration for the BD700 class segment. The taxation on remuneration earned at a other companies paying the average Captain pay of 140+K Euro/year would be under the same conditions as you describe, though the "take home" following your argument would be 12000 EUR/month, which is more or less standard on the G650/BD700 etc. segment. So, no, VJ is in this regard NOT attractive, and likely also why pilots are leaving when they can, and DEC only joining for the type rating, experience and the leave at opportunity. That´s just how the game is played.
I still tend to agree with their comment - 8000 EUR/month isn’t “bad” remuneration but still below industry standards. You just have to look at the average age and experience of a VJ pilot. Does age and experience make them bad pilots? No. It is a step into business aviation and exposure to flying unheard of in any other company. But, is VJ a career company that will hold these pilots? No. Get in, get the experience and get out.

There are already whispers of several pilots leaving in the next few months, good and experienced pilots. By all accounts, mainly Brits (high social security?¿!) and I suspect many more to go when they can in place of fresh, new crew happy to accept our conditions. For now, it works for me but only just. Am I looking elsewhere? Yes. We are working more than ever with little back from the company. The days of downtime and experience at destination are rapidly diminishing… the side that made it bearable. Sleep and food are now priority. If you have a family and value off time, this is not the place for you. If you want experience flying a modern business jet across the globe from international hubs to small private strips in the outback, hit that submit application button. What the VJ management sell you is what you get, it’s black and white with no bullsh*t promises.