PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2022, 03:07
Agile

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by n5296s
So to finish the story... flew an R44 today. What a pleasure! I know people say a lot of bad things about Robbos, but compared to the G2 it is a dream to fly. It was a super flight too, all along the coast from Cannes to the Italian border at 500 feet, including a low pass along the runway at Nice - clearance very willingly given by Nice tower. Then a quick climb to 4500 feet over the mountains to an off-airport landing in the snow in the middle of nowhere, and return to Cannes.
I know this flight outing pattern, its a beauty!, you forgot ot mention the flyby above monaco before heading to the mountain.
I did this similar flight right after I got my AS350B2 type rating from them, it makes you absolutly forget anything about the G2, R44 and anything in between performance wise.
the quick climb you pointed out would go straight to 10,000ft at 2000ft per minute just by slowing from 100 knots to 80 knots (for most of the initial climb)

It's a bad analogy is the problem as it helps if the two things you are comparing are analogous.
just keeping on making bad analogies, every aircraft its own purpose and applicability.