PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss over Launceston Virgin DJ
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2003, 05:59
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Douglas Mcdonnell Mate, if you can get me past security I'll run spotter for you everyday of the week and twice on Sundays

Talking to my man in Istanbul, something is not getting out about TCAS. Some of the tales he tells me about TCAS in hot environments like flying into airspace around New York were interesting to say the least. One thing come up though,( now tell me if I am wrong) TCAS even in RA gives warning and climb or descent advisaries that will result in profiles of no greater than 1500ft differences to whatever you are doing at the time. Now if my memory serves me it does not take to much change in attitude at 250kts or better to get that result.

He did come up with one scare story and it sounds exactly the same as here. He got an RA whilst in descent. He held level and a lightie passed 300 ft under his nose right on centre line. VFR unannounced.

Maybe NAS needs tweaking. It would be a given that DJ would be on a published route. It is a given that the Tobago had a visual on DJ so...Why can't we report alt/posit (in relation to aid if that makes the heavy iron happy) if we are transitting that published route? We have the tools , why can't we use them?

Regards

Mark