PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whitchurch [Bristol] to Lisbon flight duration
Old 14th Feb 2022, 14:38
Jhieminga

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Colin, I think you need to get to 10 posts on the forum to gain the rights to post images and stuff like that, so you're almost there.

I will see if I can find the book and look up some stuff. The G-AGBB shootdown is of course covered in the book but it also deals with the broader spectrum of DC-3 operations by Dutch airlines during WWII and afterwards. I see that second-hand copies aren't that common either, I was just thinking that you might be able to use something like the Google Translate app on your phone to translate the Dutch text to English on the fly, using a cheap copy, it might be somewhat readable that way even if you get a mix of Dutch and English output.
Edit: I just had a go pointing the Google Translate app's camera function at my laptop's screen with a Dutch text on it. I got a fairly decent translation to English that was readable and understandable. Reading an entire book that way is not something I would recommend, but it is certainly possible if the language is a barrier.

Last edited by Jhieminga; 14th Feb 2022 at 14:43. Reason: Experiment outcome added....