PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Flight Academy in Norway - sceptical.
Old 14th Feb 2022, 12:47
ArcticFlyer69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingpolarbearpilot
Sorry for the late reply. You will compete in the same pool as Swedes and on the same terms since Scandinavians can apply to each other’s educations. I met Danes and Swedes that applied at UTSA as well.

Put it in another way, why wouldn't you maximize your chances to get into a fully funded pilot program? In Scandinavia per 2022, there are 54 spots government funded pilot training per year (UTSA 24 spots = 12 fall + 12 spring, 15 OSM YH, 15 TFHS). Why only aim for the 12 spots at UTSA? If you don't make it at UTSA, there is still a chance you can make it at OSM or TFHS. Another bonus is that you learn what they are testing you for. They all have the same application process more or less:
1. Written aptitude tests
2. Computer aptitude tests
3. Interview with school, psychologist and/or group tests.

OSM even has a guide on for aptitude tests - osmaviationacademy.com/download-2020-pilot-aptitude-test-guide. Search the internet and you will find material that can help you.

I don' t know about your friends that YOLO ‘ed it, but I met people who had applied several times. Why come unprepared when you can potentially save up to 1 000 000 kr on pilot training? You already have PPL and Medical 1 which is a great advantage to demonstrate you motivation!

Thank you so much flyingpolarbearpilot, appreciate all of your answers!! I will definitely apply for UTSA, OSM and TFHS. Will prepare as much as I can!
Students at UTSA and my class 1 medical doctor told me to relax with the admission test. With other words; Dont take it TOO serious, since that can affect my performance in a negative way.
I am just going to be myself and really show them I belong in one of their classrooms! I will never give up.

Wish you a nice day and happy landings!

Last edited by ArcticFlyer69; 14th Feb 2022 at 13:05. Reason: Grammar/Structure.