PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet and BALPA
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2003, 03:24
Little Friend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps, Turbo(see if you can be polite this time),

You gave (Flaps) some examples above of what BALPA have done for the aircrew-I suppose they were your best efforts.

LOSA ?

Disruption. This is a cost easy always expected to pay and was built in to the negotiations. £1100 for crew food and 90% pay for new commands. Why are the crewing/rosters/ops on a performance related pay-to get you near 100%, flying easy rosters, means meanless SBY-or ****e POSing duties or the good old night ATH. They can't achieve their target without pissing you about. Changes etc..

Fixed rosters-nothing to do with BALPA. I would be very careful to associate myself with anything to do with easy rosters by way of blowing my own trumpet. So how is the 5 on 3 off going-or is it back to chaos rosters.

Airbus no bond-Nice one BALPA. You have just made easy training airline of the year. Lucky Dragonair-how is that going to improve 73 crew; and who would have signed it anyway-its not the crews fault that easy want new toys. Very Lo Cost.

HOTAC and Food. Just don't take the piss. Pay £1100 (thanks BALPA) and it got worse-all round. Ask the oracle BTB.

Airbus allowence package. Fantastic if your LGW, which you are, not so good if your BFS, LPL, EDI,GLA,NCL,LTN,BRS. Should not the time be used to sort leave issues, rosters, commands etc

Tripple pay offer. So after BALPA membership, £1100 for food and a continued unsustainable lifestyle. What was the real increase and what about 90% for new skippers.

Flaps, Just my piont of view-at least your having ago-but BALPA are not worth 1% gross-not even for the legal cover because they decide. You see we will always be the used car dealer that got into the golf club-just a subscription.

Also Flaps BALPA have issued some pretty stuipd memos-remember JFs one about the pilots joining NOW. You pay 1% for that level of brains/professionalism.

Trudbo Rick-Well done for missing my point. So your last company were great at negotiations in improving lifestyle. Why are you at easyJet.

I certainly do not have an axe to grind with easy as they don't with me-but I make no appologies for not buying the BALPA /orange ****e nor tolerate another plagiaristic display of how fantastic BALPA are. Talk to the IPF if you want crew protection. For improvements in lifestyle- leave. Simple.

My point was BTB should measure his comments before posting and think about the people involved. The FO can not share EQUAL responsibility in a TAXY incident. Anyway BALPA will decide.

Happy NY and SAFE flying