PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ pilots do the walk.
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2003, 03:02
Jim Morehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The second previous message had some words of advice that some (management and labor) may miss.

LOYALTY IS A TWO-WAY STREET.

Employers AND employees have to understand that there is no free lunch. But....about Singapore,I like to ask a few questions.

Since they sacked a number of people and have hired,is the hiring ONLY for the SQ CARGO Company? Will the SQ Cargo be a no bidding situation? What number of days off could one expect or has anything been promised?

On the main SQ airline , are all of the expats outside of SQ given 8 on and 8 off and a schedule 3-4 months in the future basically with the same trip(s) repeated over and over?

IF,and I say if, SQ were to eliminate the expat bases outside of SIN, what would a SQ "local" or an SQ expat based in SQ expect in terms of days off and hours? Any information would be appreciated. I am just trying to learn what the "current" situation is for expats in the various places around the world where jobs are available.

ATTN: do not panic...I am not looking for a job <bfg>. I am just trying to find out the facts and work on facts and not emotion. pilots USUALLY do that!