PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 12th Feb 2022, 09:07
LostWanderer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Hang on to your hats folks. The US becoming embroiled in international conflict, oil prices dramatically rising, inflation at record highs, a long long overdue market crash and an economic downturn are all more than possible in the very near future…don’t get too carried away just yet lads and ladettes. The bottom of a seniority list is never a good place to be when the s##t hits the old fan.

All this talk of flowing to majors and rampant hiring of foreigners is a wonderful idea but I dare say the world we live in coming out of COVID has got some suprises in store for the aviation industry. Airlines are and have to be reactive to negative events occurring not proactive generally.

Just sayin, keep your expectations realistic, everything may be hunky dory with cotton candy and rainbows for aviation in the coming years, and I truly hope it is. But reading some of these posts comes across as pure fantasy sometimes. I recall the “USAF is looking to hire Aussies E3s to fly fighter jets from a reliable source” posts in this thread some time back and the “AA is contractually bound to flow E3s ALPA said so” that someone who didn’t actually know this to be a fact kept perpetuating…hope that puts things in perspective for some of you.