PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kangaroos and First Nation Peoples Flags
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:51
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
But already you’ve quoted a debatable maximum in the number of fatalities in QLD. What of European fatalities? Was it War? If the First Nation were as capable at conflict as the American Indians, settlement would have failed over much of Australia.

Forcibly removing children is horrendous. So were the circumstances of many children. Many here would have seen this in the twenty first century.

I’m happy for a factual acknowledgment of history. However, it is also seems forbidden for factual acknowledgement of what life was really like in tribal Australia right up until now. Especially for women and children. Anthropology and early missionary writings offer a snapshot. Or you can believe agenda laden white-opinion. In my belief, it was impossible not to fail. Even now, the minds and money thrown the way of major issues haven’t been particularly successful.

I’d actually love to know what Aboriginal Australians want? It would probably be surprising that many would be happy to go along with that. However having seen minor indigenous issues of late, the closing of some national parks for example, most of these issues seem polluted by white agendas and ulterior motives.