PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ClOSedloop22
Thread: ClOSedloop22
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2022, 12:06
KABOY

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Numero Crunchero
Anxio, I remember reading that article and thinking it was like reading the financial version of the national enquirer. A load of sensationalist BS

If my memory is correct it was talking about an interest bill of $2billion HKD in 2025 or 2026 - we made 1.5-2Billion in the 2nd half of last year with less than half our aircraft flying and in the middle of a pandemic. We lost 32 Billion in fuel speculation over 4 years - so yeah, I think we can manage to make the interest payments on less than 30billion in loans at an interest rate that gradually catches up to around 5-6 %

CX aint going broke any time soon. Not this year anyway - if things stay locked down like they are on 10th of Feb for the rest of this year - we will still have probably half of that money left undrawn.
The best analogy here is ‘ selling the farm’ leasing the livestock and having an overdraft that incurs significant interest penalties.

Yeah, CX isn’t going broke anytime soon, but how big is the noose that it’s head is sitting in?

I like the saying I can’t see the forest through the trees’.

If CX don’t turn this around, the convertible bonds will collapse the share price, ask yourself what happens then?