PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - too soon "increase to retirement age"?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2022, 16:59
Moonwalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruhroa
Good Morning all
Not trying to get the youngin's all stirred up but..........
As a US Pilot I can continue my profession past age 65 unless airline. my reason for wanting to do that is I live in a free (sort of) society so its a "non YA business"
The issue of course is "ICAO" as such no commercial pilot activities once you reach 65 years of age. Now where I live that is pure age discrimination but where ICAO is it is "too bad"
so just asking .......... Has there been any talk about raising the max-age limit for multi-crew aircraft past the age of 65? UK? thank you for your professional answers.
Guess it's more likely we will see lower retirement age for pilots going forward.... or should be..... The stats we have today are based on people who have flown 3-500 hrs per year and 7-900 per year last 10 years. With the young generation getting older and having averaged 7-900 hrs per year from day 1, it could have an impact on the health that will be seen in the years to come. Not to mention the additional radiation exposure that the new airframes gives you when cruising at 40-43000 ft. Most radiation research done in the airline business was done 40 years ago with aircrafts usually flown 10 000 ft lower than now and annual hourly flown, half of what a standard pilot flies today.