PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom March Graham Hood
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2022, 01:25
Doors Off

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Captn Rex Havack
I once posted on youtube a comment regarding 3 or 4 qantas pilots flying warbirds out of Mittagong. They were flying these things wearing flying suits with full RAAF patches and RAAF wings.
I argued that they should NOT be wearing anything RAAF as they are NOT RAAF pilots. I got torn apart by people telling me they are great guys, I should get a life, I was a loser etc etc.

Fact is - they were not RAAF pilots, they had seperated and in no way retained the right to wear the "uniform." Guarantee they would not walk around in the blue uniform with RAAF wings, rank and name tag, so why the flying suit, wings and patches.

Same with this guy - once you leave, you lose the right to parade as a member. Imagine a retired copper walking around in police uniform. I'm ex RAAF and I no longer wear the uniform, and if I go civvy flying (the Mittagong boys) I am not suddenly back in the RAAF wearing the uniform.

Ditch the unifrmm Hood - you don't work for that company.
I guess the question is, should he have stopped working for that company because he chose to not be vaccinated?

Personally, I’m all jabbed up and having just gotten over COVID-19, I’m very grateful that I made the choice to be jabbed up as soon as I qualified.

The freedom March is a movement, that personally, I support. I also support the displaying/wearing of the Uniforms or identifiers of the protesters former “employers”. It displays that the protesters are from a variety of different professions and despite the media/government narrative, they are not “extremist right wing anti vaxxers”.

In Oz, we are at an amazing level of vaccination, which is wonderful (in my opinion). However, the fact that we are continuing to enforce “emergency” powers to fine/sack and conduct medical apartheid against an element of our society, is abhorrent. There are people that have chosen to not be vaccinated and are standing true to their values, I respect that. To think that our layers of government are loving the Totalitarian approach is Orwellian.

Rather than labeling them all as “loonies” perhaps take the time and ask someone who isn’t vaccinated as to why they made that choice and why they feel the need to protest? You might be surprised at the common values and morals that you share?

Let’s not forget that we had the Victorian Government labeling protesters at the Shrine of Remembrance as “disrespectful” , whilst at the same time the Victorian Police were shooting at Peaceful Protesters, with Assault Rifles (saying it was only plastic bullets misses the irony) at the Shrine of Remembrance - that is the definition of “hypocrisy”. Oh yeah, the Police were in Uniform but that’s ok if you are shooting at Peaceful Protesters - Australia has lost it’s spine. Good to see some of it’s citizens can see the folly of “emergency” powers.