PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2022, 19:36
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
Interesting to hear your flight was so full. When I departed a couple of weeks back mine was <30%. Lisbon had 70 pax I heard over the mic, Oslo even less than mine at maybe 30 people. Shannon looked by far the busiest but I’d say only 100-odd. The lounge was very quiet and some shops and bars weren’t even open despite it being mid-afternoon. I see it looks like schedules have increased again though this week.

I was also very impressed with immigration although whether that remains the case with more flights carrying more people remains to be seen!
The BA flight home was about 80% full in Economy and about 8 people in 8 rows of business. I’ve usually flown BA or SAS between London and Stockholm but now Ryanair have moved to Arlanda I have to say their service was much better.

They offer combined baggage allowance (while BA charged us £65 because one bag was 27kg despite the others being underweight - something Ryanair would have allowed). The crew were friendly (unlike BA) and you can actually fit in a Ryanair toilet unlike the slimline one on the BA A320neo (which was impossible with a two year old -who refused to use the BA toilet once in there because she said it was too dirty!)