PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2022, 14:17
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
Flew into STN tonight with Ryanair from Stockholm Arlanda (about 90% full) and surprised at the number of people who were connecting. A queue of people asking what to do in the baggage hall and Ryanair staff instructing them to clear customs and then head back to departures.

I was also very impressed with immigration at STN. Compared to when I last used it about 4 years ago it was very organised and quick. Much better than any of my recent experiences at LHR and the bags were waiting for us on the belt when we got there.
Interesting to hear your flight was so full. When I departed a couple of weeks back mine was <30%. Lisbon had 70 pax I heard over the mic, Oslo even less than mine at maybe 30 people. Shannon looked by far the busiest but I’d say only 100-odd. The lounge was very quiet and some shops and bars weren’t even open despite it being mid-afternoon. I see it looks like schedules have increased again though this week.

I was also very impressed with immigration although whether that remains the case with more flights carrying more people remains to be seen!