PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alleged UFO or UAP, 1990, Calvine, Scotland
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:32
Matthew Illsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dead_pan
But I assume not all of them featured the RAF chase aircraft, just the mystery object in question.

Re the negatives, all you can say definitively is that their whereabouts are unknown (to you and your colleagues). Anything more is speculation which could undermine the credibility of the investigation.

Final comment about the MoD seeking to retain the redacted elements of their report until 2076. Whilst I understand there may be a desire to read into the existence of some nefarious scheme to hide 'the truth' from the public, there is often a more mundane, down-to-Earth explanation regarding national security. Don't forget the Govt didn't reveal the activities of Station X until the mid 90s, due in a large part to the ground-breaking work they did their which formed the basis for western intelligence gathering for the next 50 years.
Hello.

Yes, the negatives' location (nay, continued existence) is publicly unknown and unknown to us, too. I'm trying not to speculate, but perhaps my words aren't as accurate as I intended them to be.
A directly involved source has told us the Daily Record made 6 colour photos from the negatives.
A directly involved source has told us that the RAF was sent at least 1 of these colour photos and that the MoD received all the negatives.
A directly involved source has told us that Nick Pope's claim about the Calvine poster being on the wall was true.
We know, again from directly involved sources, of two important documents (not including the photos themselves, JARIC analysis, etc.) that were made during the course of the RAF's and Defence Intel's investigations that were not included in the released files and which are now presumed deliberately destroyed.

Just to clarify, the MoD/National Archives insist that there are no other Calvine-related (or UFO-related for that matter) files in existence, and that EVERYTHING has been released. They say that the ONLY thing they're keeping secret now is the FOIA Section 40 material in the released files (names, addresses, job titles, etc). They used to release these without any problem (you can see even the names and addresses of children who allegedly saw UFOs in the 60s and 70s in the files, names and phone numbers and job titles of civil servants, etc), but since DPA/GDPR/FOIA, the shutters have come down.