PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom March Graham Hood
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:03
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And they have just stopped reporting the vaccinated status of the dead because the double vaccinated have overtaken the death rate of the unvaccinated
Ironically, you have just explained why they stopped reporting it, without even realising it.

They stopped reporting it because many people like GH and yourself will interpret that data as meaning that vaccinations don’t reduce your risk of dying of COVID-19.

It’s about understanding statistics.

For example, if 50% of people were unvaccinated, and 50% of deaths were unvaccinated, then simplistically you might deduce that the vaccination doesn’t help. But back in the snapshot of time when 50% were unvaccinated, the death rate of the unvaccinated was much higher than the vaccinated.

Now that 4% of people are unvaccinated, you would only expect 4% of deaths to be unvaccinated - if, indeed, your theory is correct that the vaccine is no help. You would expect that for every 25 deaths, 24 of them would be vaccinated. And that is no-where near what we are seeing.

Even that is a mis-interpretation of statistics, as not all people have the same risk profile.

So an even better use of statistics would be to compare the vaccination status of the high-risk group, which may not be the same as the 96% vaccination status of the population as a whole. I don’t know what the vaccination rate of the high-risk group is, but I’m sure the health experts do.

And an even better use of statistics would be to look at the death rates in the “double vaccinated” compared to “triple vaccinated”, as studies have shown that double vaccinated effectivity reduces after 3 months, considerably so after 6 months, and particularly for those who had 2x Astra Zeneca, which was the only vaccine that most of the high risk group (the older population) were initially eligible for.

But the main point is that the health experts who do look at the statistics, and understand them, say that statistically, vaccinations significantly reduce the chance of death. That is really all you need to know. That you, GH and others choose to disbelieve them, perhaps thinking that a conspiracy is at play, is sad.

I’m talking about the health experts here, not the politicians. The politicians lie every time their lips move, we all know that. So to find the truth, we have listen to those who have no reason to conspire or get votes. And not just the fringe 1% of them who happen to say what we want to hear (they will always exist) - listen to what the consensus of the other 99% of them are saying.

BTW, I made up that statistic of 1%, in case anyone wants to accuse me of inventing statistics! “You can use statistics to prove anything - 75% of people know that” - Homer J. Simpson.