PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waterford Airport-Ireland
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2022, 08:58
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
It was obvious to everyone except Stobart that a switch was going to be bad news. When the route first moved to Southend its new terminal was not even open so passengers ended up using the old wooden terminal with no rail link. Regular uses had already abandoned the route by the time the new terminal opened.

It might seem strange but I caught a train to Southend once with the intention of catching a bus to the old terminal, as I had a rover ticket. I never got there so I went home. I think maybe a taxi was the only practical solution but not ideal for passengers.
Unusually for you, there are inaccuracies in your post.

The old SEN terminal was certainly not the 'old shed' that you seek to describe and inbound pax from WAT would have felt quite at home as it was quite similar to theirs. There was no on-site rail link but buses were waiting in front of the terminal for every WAT flight to make the 5 minute journey to Rochford Station for Liverpool Street.

You really "went home" just because you couldn't find the No.7 or 8 bus stop to take the every 15 minute service to the SEN stop 150 yards from the terminal? You don't mention the year and there was a long period when the dedicated station-to-airport bus ceased to operate so it must have been in that period.