PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2022, 08:42
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All sources of information lead back to LBC or LRT. Think it was a reported as a news item on local radio.

As far as I can remember phase one is for the extension of the existing terminal. Think it will be 21m but might be 21.5m or possibly 22m but 21m is ringing a bell. Phase two won't be started for years, which is a second terminal plus new infrastructure. Also the plan is for a new concessionaire to pay and build it but the next concession doesn't now start until 2032. The extra year is part of the force majeure agreement. It wouldn't surprise me if LLAOL gets the new franchise without it going to tender so despite are the Council for expansion.

We also have to remember that a new Airbus A320 flight simulator has just been installed on the planned approach road to terminal 2 with a contract signed for a long lease on the building that would have to be demolished.

What is very strange is that in the time line shown in the last consultation document is that work should have started this year on Terminal 2, a full 9 years before the concession was due to end. So who was due to pay for that? I suspect maybe the Council was. Well that won't happen now after the auditors report

Last edited by LTNman; 4th Feb 2022 at 09:17.