PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2022, 00:26
Robbiee

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by malabo
Never flown the Cabri, learned on an R22 ('cause it was the cheapest route to a license, I was paying for it myself, and the piece of paper at the end looks the same and has the same value (maybe more) in the real world. Always liked the look and tech of the Cabri, but most schools can't make the numbers work even compared to the more expensive R44. Appreciate the comments on this forum of the flying comparisons,

Local school has 6 B47 flying every day, plus 4-5 R44, plus a couple 206. Don't see anyone buying a Cabri privately. Only another school that loves Cabri will want to buy one. R44 market is huge, lots of private, commercial, schools always looking for one. Better lead-in to the commercial world for students. Instructor won't make the student walk home out of a misjudged confined area. HOGE in training? Now that's a luxury.
Six Bell 47's flying every day!? I didn't know that many even still existed (let alone were being used at a school)? Hell, in the last twenty years I've only come across one (outside of a museum or Heliexpo) and it was privately owned and rarely ever flew.

Given the opportunity though, I'd take one of those over a Cabri any day. Gotta support my fellow 2-bladers after all.