PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Islands
Thread: Blue Islands
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2022, 17:11
KindaUnstuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N123JB
Rumour from Jersey is that ISLH (their last ATR 42 and the only aircraft they don't lease) has been sold to try and generate some cash, so their fleet could be as low as 4. I note that their S22 schedule seems to have been massively cut back, especially from JER, and now only needs 4 aircraft (not including a back-up aircraft). All flights appear to be showing as operated by an ATR 72.
Looking on Flight Radar she hasn't moved for 24 days now but if that is the case, then if there is no replacement this summer things are going to go spectacularly wrong the second they have any tech issues as presumably they will have 1 aircraft based in Southampton, 2 in Jersey and 1 in Guernsey which unless it gets used as backup will sit on the ground every day until 1:30pmish doing nothing I presume?

Brother and family were on the evening SOU - GCI booked through Aurigny. on 29/12 which returned to Southampton due to fog. Long story cut short - Blue Islands (their ground agents in Southampton) told all the passengers they had to rebook themselves online via the Blue Islands website (regardless of which airline the original booking was done through) for a flight the following day (but didn't give them the code which would of allowed them to rebook without being charged). Aurigny meanwhile had someone log in and rebook all their own passengers onto the same plane so brother effectively ended up with x2 booking for all 4 of them - the original Aurigny booking which included x2 free tickets his partner won in a competition and then the Blue Islands one that cost £300 on the same plane.

Blue Islands are not refunding the passengers as they say it wasn't their fault their ground agents gave the wrong info out. Every time my brother phones Blue Islands the call centre staff are saying the refunds haven't been authorised by the management yet.