PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2022, 00:16
roger7060

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPL vs PPL and Help with Flying School - Sydney

Note to the mods - Please don't merge this with an existing thread as its hard to get the relevant replies

Hi guys,
I hope all of you and your loved ones are safe.

Like most of us I always wanted to fly and pursue flying as a career. But unfortunately that didn't work out (my IQ, finances, nationality, age, etc.)
But I refuse to die before doing at least 1 solo and ideally renting an airplane and fly to Gold coast with my partner and our puppy.

So I have decided to pursue flying as a hobby. My questions are -

1. What is the difference between a RPL and PPL?
I couldn't figure out the difference on the websites of flying schools. My end goal is to be able to rent an airplane and fly around Australia with my partner.

2. Can I do PPL without RPL. Reason for asking is it will be great to leave option open for CPL. Who knows my Crypto investments get x100 returns and I can retire early with tonnes of cash

3. I live and work in Sydney. Relocating is not an option. Which are the top 3 flying schools I should reach out to. Please send me a PM if this is not allowed to be discussed on the open forum.

4. I am 39 years old and assuming that this should not be a showstopper for RPL or PPL

Looking forward for your help and support.

Thank you,
Kind regards.